Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Big Red Truck and HeadStone Roses

A dear friend of mine for many years had been suffering from a migraine.  Yes, that's right, a single headache that lasted for multiple years and caused all sorts of damage to this poor woman's life.  She called me one day to ask if I would be willing to drive with her to Springfield, stay overnight and then drive her home.  She was going to get a medical procedure that would hopefully help relieve the pain she'd suffered for so long.

We were driving back from the trip and saw a house on the side of the highway with some abandoned vehicles in front.  So I asked my friend and she agreed:  we should go check it out!  We got off the highway immediately and drove over to the building.  It looked like a house but because of the interior and the trash we found, we assumed it had to have been some kind of business or municipal building.

I got a couple of good shots of the vehicles, my favorite being below.

There was a cemetary next door which we hadn't noticed on the highway so we went over there to see what was up.  Plenty of small, mildly interesting headstones but not a lot worthy of photographing.  But something about the headstone above really resonated with me.  I loved the color contrast between the cloth roses and the polished granite headstone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment