Friday, June 21, 2013


Chances are, you have already seen some taste of my interest in the macabre.  This photograph goes right along with it, a little disturbing and also surreal.  I have always wondered about the woman in this photograph, the character she is portraying.  Is she hiding from someone and chose an uncomfortable place?  Or is the set of tools in silhouette a portent of things to come?

We were shooting all kinds of crazy stuff at my house this particular day.  This model is a friend of mine, Gina, and she makes the best desperation/misery faces I've ever shot and that's precisely what I was going for here.  She had asked what sorts of clothes to bring to the shoot and I told her knee socks were always welcome.  They make such an interesting contrast against whatever creepy background I've decided on that day (or will decide on once I see the socks).

This was before I started shooting with a strobe light and so the image is a little bit orange, but I like that.  It shows off the aqua and blue very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment