Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Mask Adjustment

This model really isn't a model.  Yes, I know, that doesn't make any sense but then again, neither does a platypus but whatever.  She is, however, a costumer and a chocolatier, which is a good combination to have.  Okay, I'm not sure about that, but I do like her chocolates.

I work for a large industrial building turned artists' space and this is on the roof of one of the buildings.  It's not easy to get up to, involving a wooden staircase and no lights but when you reach the top there is a door and the sunlight likes to peek in around the cracks.  Stepping out onto the rooftop, the actual covering of the roof is a super heavy white vinyl so it likes to reflect lots of light.  So on a solid, overcast day the whole area is lit up with sunlight like a giant white reflective box.

She'd gotten dressed before coming to the shoot which is always a good thing in my book and we went up onto the rooftop, bringing with us another friend who wanted to get some photos taken.  I decided where I wanted to shoot the first set of photos and while she was adjusting her mask to get ready, I took this shot.  Technically, it was the first shot of the day but she wasn't posing.  I often find the first photograph and the last photograph of the day's shoots are usually pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment