Saturday, June 15, 2013


This is actually me under the lawnmower.  So /technically/ I didn't take the picture, but I did everything including setting the camera and just had my friend walk around me with the tripod, set it down and take a #photograph.  Walk around, move the tripod, push the shutter.

Incidentally, the human head won't fit underneath a lawnmower comfortably, as is evident by our unfortunate guy here.  I removed the blade and unplugged the spark plug when setting this shot up, and still the bell of the mower was too low and trying to break my nose.  So I dug a hole, tossed a plastic bag down in it and lay down.  Still not enough room.

I dug a strip out of the earth next to the hole so my neck would recess.  My head was lower still and yet, the lawnmower was starting to sit on my neck instead of my nose and that wasn't pleasant.  So I cut some wood and lifted the rear wheels of the mower about a half an inch which kept the thing from cutting off my #AirSupply completely.  (Yes, I did that so fans of Air Supply might accidentally come across this photograph without meaning to.  I like practical jokes.)

All in all, I was only able to be under it for about twenty minutes before I just couldn't handle the discomfort anymore and was done.  I tossed the dirt back in the hole and lay the sod back over the top and voila!  The hole is gone!

A lot of people ask me what that red stuff is.  My usual answer is "my face after the blade chewed me up really good" but occasionally I'm kind and tell people it was a mixture of red food coloring, tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes (unsalted) and a tiny bit of post production work.

No comments:

Post a Comment