Sunday, June 9, 2013

Misha and the graffiti wall

This is my friend Misha Burnett.  He is a novelist who is working on his second book, the sequel to his first novel Catskinner.  I highly recommend the book to fans of urban fantasy.  I had convinced him to come out and shoot with me as I needed to practice shooting in direct sunlight and I think we managed pretty well that day.  This is my favorite shot.

I have a lot of photographs from near this graffiti.  This is actually the Mississippi retaining wall/levy in south St Louis City, just down from downtown.  The wall was home to the Paint Louis graffiti event for ten years from 1990 until 2000.  After that time, the event became too big to manage and monitor and the city cancelled it.

If you get the chance, you should go see the graffiti wall before all the tags cover the murals.  There are far fewer untainted murals than when I first started going to the wall but there is still some fantastic art along that 4 mile stretch of riverfront.

Oh, and go read my friend's blog.  He's over at http://mishaburnett.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment