Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blue vs. Red Comic 1

I wanted to shoot some superhero type stuff because I love comic books and I love the colors and stories that are associated with them.  So I took some time, talked to a friend of mine who refers to herself as a "makeup enthusiast" (she has no training) and she did some designing of masks that superheroes might wear, or in this case superheroines.

Also, most female superheroes wear the most revealing and ridiculous costumes so I thought I would push that envelope as far as I could.  High heels, a slip, garter belt, the works.  The woman in red owns a bunch of weapons so I had her bring her swords and that giant mace my blue friend is wearing.  We drove around north St Louis, down by the riverfront, for a good half hour before we decided on this staircase and alleyway for shooting.

Unfortunately, we took so long getting ready and finding the location that sunset had already started so I had to make do with the lighting that I had.  I think it works anyway, though, like car headlights or something like that.  Yeah, I know, there's only one shadow.  Nothing's perfect, geez!


No comments:

Post a Comment